Sunday, October 10, 2010

Musings on Homesexuality


"I read the news today, oh boy...".  Confession:  I am a thirty year old female, and I could care less whether or not someone is homo- or hetero-sexual.  It seems a bit of demographic information, like eyes:  blue, hair:  brown.  That may be because I'm not a young male, according to The National Center for Victims of Crime.  The same site also indicates an uptick in the amount of violence against homesexuals, although there may be issues with record-keeping.  What turns the average person into someone willing to commit a hate crime?  Is it a religious intolerance of homosexuality?  Is it fear?  Maybe all of those.  Complex issues require complex solutions, though that can be exhausting.  Meanwhile, I thought this would be a great time to bring out one of my favorite videos produced by Rodent Society.  Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment